Social Media

Monday, June 11, 2012

Greetings from the Caribbean!

Hello everyone! I have been in the Caribbean for a little over a week now. I have been working hard brushing up on my sailing skills, preparing equipment, and exploring a lot of the places that I will be taking my students during the rest of the summer. Right now I am on an island called Saba. The picture is of the plane getting ready to land. The island is the tip of a volcano rising out of the sea and is very steep. The local people built a runway on the only bit of flat land they could find and it is the shortest commercial runway in the entire world! My first group of students arrives the day after tomorrow, and although I am very excited to meet them, having new students will make me miss all of you. I hope you are all having fabulous summer adventures and spending lots of time outside exploring!!!

1 comment:

  1. Ms. Maggi, I miss u, and I'm sad bcz I didn't get to see u the last day of school, and u're not coming next year, love u!

    ReplyDelete